The 81-Series devices are Composite Distribution Amplifiers (DA’s) designed to buffer and distribute NTSC/PAL Composite Video Baseband Signal (CVBS) source to four, eight, twelve, or sixteen other devices.
Single Unit Pricing $496.00
Models are available supporting:
- Single-ended or differential input with AC or DC coupling and standard/75Ω or external/loop-through termination configurations. All outputs are standard 75Ω series terminated high strength drivers.
- This manual includes models, within the 81-series, that incorporate Automatic Gain, Equalization, and DC-restoration of the video signal. Critical in correcting the degradation that occurs in long transmission lengths.
- Units operate correctly when powered from a 12-24 VAC or 10-34 VDC power source. The input power source is fully isolated from video input and output signals. Power supply isolation is highly effective for prevention of ground loops.
- The power connector has an integrated threaded/screw flange for shock and high vibration environments. VAC’s proprietary encapsulation process provides additional shock, environmental and vibration protection.
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) port/interface provides the unit maintenance interface. This permits the user to view and change the default configuration parameters, select specific inputs for system debug, and upgrade firmware.
- Internal non-volatile memory is used to hold the power up default settings.
|Input 1 Signal Type||Composite Video|
|Input 1 Coupling||DC|
|Input Configuration 1||Standard 75 Ohms|
|Input 1 Connector||BNC|
|Output 1 Signal Format||Composite Video|
|Output 1 Coupling||DC|
|Output Configuration1||Standard 75 Ohms|
|Output 1 Connectors||BNC|
|Power Connector||4 pin 3.5mm TB|
|Input Voltage 1||12-24 VAC|
|Input Voltage 2||10-34 VDC|
|Low Operating Temp (C)||-40|
|High Operating Temp (C)||80|
|Mounting||Two 6-32 Inserts|
This unit has an isolated internal switcher power supply. The unit will operate correctly on 12-24 VAC or 10-34 VDC. The power input is protected so power can be applied in either polarity. The supply provides the internal electronics with power totally ground isolated form the power input. No opto electronics are used so the unit is not temperature limited by the isolated supply. The power connector is a four pin plug with jack screws so the power connection can support high vibration environments. In addition to the two pins used for power input, a third pin provides access to the internal electronics ground circuit. The fourth pin provides access to an internal chassis ground that connects to internal ESD protection devices.
The package for this unit consists of a solid epoxy block. The internal electronics are assembled and tested before the encapsulation process. During the encapsulation the printed circuit board(s) are placed in a five sided box made of RTV mold parts. The cavity is filled with epoxy and the lid (top) of the mold is inserted. The curing process takes 24 hours. This type of package seals the electronics so water and contamination cannot affect the internal electronics. This type of package also provides superior resistance to shock and vibration compared to a metal or plastic box enclosure.