The 13 and 83 Series Serial Digital Interface (SDI) 3G/HD/SD Distribution Amplifiers (DA’s) included in this manual provide a way of distributing one SDI signal to two or four other devices. Dual and Quad DA’s provide a way of distributing two or four SDI signals to two other devices for each SDI input. Each SDI input features adaptive cable equalization and re-clocking of data rates from 125Mbps to 2.97Gbps. The following SDI formats are supported:
Type Standard Rate Range1
Single Unit Pricing $1375.00
- Standard Definition (SD-SDI) SMPTE259M 270/360Mbps 400 meters
- High Definition (HD-SDI) SMPTE292M 1.5485Gbps 200 meters
- High Definition (3G-SDI) SMPTE242M 2.97Gpbs 120 meters
- Table 1 SDI Signal Types and Optimized range using Belden 1694A
- The 13 & 83 Series units automatically detect the incoming serial data stream and suppress accumulated jitter by retiming to the recovered phase-locked data rate.
- All outputs cable drivers incorporate selectable slew rate control. SDI input and output connections are via high speed BNC connectors.
- The use of high quality connectors and cable (Belden 1694A or equivalent) is highly recommended to achieve optimum performance.
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) port/interface (multiple) provides the unit maintenance interface. This permits the user to view and change the default configuration parameters, select specific inputs for system debug, and upgrade firmware.
- Internal non-volatile memory is used to hold the power up default settings.
- External power source is isolated from the internal power and will operate correctly from 12-24 VAC or 10-34 VDC.
|Input 1 Signal Type||SDI Video|
|Input 1 Coupling||AC|
|Input Configuration 1||Standard 75 Ohms|
|Input 1 Connector||BNC|
|Output 1 Signal Format||SDI Video|
|Output 1 Coupling||AC|
|Output 1 Connectors||BNC|
|Power Connector||4 pin 3.5mm TB|
|Input Voltage 1||12-24 VAC|
|Input Voltage 2||10-34 VDC|
|High Operating Temp (C)||85|
|Mounting||Two 6-32 Inserts|
This unit has an isolated internal switcher power supply. The unit will operate correctly on 12-24 VAC or 10-34 VDC. The power input is protected so power can be applied in either polarity. The supply provides the internal electronics with power totally ground isolated form the power input. No opto electronics are used so the unit is not temperature limited by the isolated supply. The power connector is a four pin plug with jack screws so the power connection can support high vibration environments. In addition to the two pins used for power input, a third pin provides access to the internal electronics ground circuit. The fourth pin provides access to an internal chassis ground that connects to internal ESD protection devices.
The package for this unit consists of a solid epoxy block. The internal electronics are assembled and tested before the encapsulation process. During the encapsulation the printed circuit board(s) are placed in a five sided box made of RTV mold parts. The cavity is filled with epoxy and the lid (top) of the mold is inserted. The curing process takes 24 hours. This type of package seals the electronics so water and contamination cannot affect the internal electronics. This type of package also provides superior resistance to shock and vibration compared to a metal or plastic box enclosure.