The Pro 17 Series 2x1 Switch is used to select one of two unbalanced mono audio inputs to the output. Input selection may be controlled either locally with the 2-position switch or remotely through a 6-pin Mini-DIN style connector.
Output status is provided on the second 6-pin Mini-Din style connector which may also be used to control additional switches with remote capability, or trigger other down-stream equipment. Each of the control input port control signals are optically isolated.
Please contact VAC for Pricing
- This helps in control of ground loop interference/prevention.
- Isolation also allows for reference potential differences between the controller and the audio switch.
- Remote control signaling is designed to operate using a variety of control methods, including contact closure and TTL type control signals.
- Dependent on the model number, each input offers High-Z, 10KΩ, or 600Ω input impedance termination.
- In the event of a loss of power to the unit, with Power Fail Bypass option, input 1 is automatically selected to the output.
- Selected input to output path is passive or non-buffered.
- Input and Output connectors may be either Terminal Block (TB) or RCA connectors.
- Unused inputs are not required to be terminated; nor will a short or open circuit condition on any input affect any other input.
|Input 1 Signal Type||Unbalanced Audio|
|Input Configuration 1||Standard 75 Ohms|
|Input 1 Connector||RCA|
|Output 1 Signal Format||Unbalanced Audio|
|Output 1 Connectors||RCA|
|Power Connector||2 Pin 2.5mm TB|
|Input Voltage 1||10-28 VAC|
|Input Voltage 2||10-32 VDC|
|Low Operating Temp (C)||-40|
|High Operating Temp (C)||80|
|Control 1||Contact Closure|
|Control 1 Connector||6 pin DIN|
|Mounting||Two 6-32 Inserts|
This unit has a non-isolated internal switcher power supply (FlexPWR). The unit will operate correctly on 10-28 VAC or 10-32 VDC. The power input is protected so power can be applied in either polarity. The supply provides the internal electronics with power with the ground of the video circuits being the same as the input power ground. The power connector is a 2-pin 2.5mm terminal block with detent retention that can support high vibration environments.
The package for this unit consists of a solid epoxy block. The internal electronics are assembled and tested before the encapsulation process. During the encapsulation the printed circuit board(s) are placed in a five sided box made of RTV mold parts. The cavity is filled with epoxy and the lid (top) of the mold is inserted. The curing process takes 24 hours. This type of package seals the electronics so water and contamination cannot affect the internal electronics. This type of package also provides superior resistance to shock and vibration compared to a metal or plastic box enclosure.