In addition to the 1000+ standard Brick products VAC offers, we also offer custom products to meet specific customer requirements. Because we are a completely self-contained company, doing everything in-house, we have the capability to support all four phases of a project.
1. Specification Phase
- Assist with or develop from-scratch specifications
- Assist with or develop initial function block diagrams and mechanical drawings
- Assist with or develop test specifications, including environmental testing
- Develop time lines
- Estimate risk factors
- Create cost estimates
- Develop solutions to customized concepts and issues proved by customer
2. Product Design Phase
- Complete detailed design from product specifications proved by customer including:
- Generation of schematics
- PCB layouts
- Mechanical drawings
- Machining drawings
- Firmware flow charts and code
- Bills of materials
- Cable designs
- Firmware test
- Label design
- Hold design review meetings with customer to insure the design meets requirements and cost targets
3. Manufacturing Phase
- VAC has full manufacturing capability in-house
- Capabilities in each manufacturing area:
- PCB assembly
- Mechanical fabrication
- Product testing
4. Environmental Testing Phase
- VAC provides environmental testing to ensure the product meets design specifications.
- Tests performed at VAC
- Salt fog
- Turbulent dust
- Water jet
- Steam jet
- Shock and vibration EMI
- Customized products developed and shipped have been either Bricks (epoxy encapsulated) or metal enclosed.
The Engineer's Corner is where the VAC development team works on new and innovative products.
The team works to expand the technologies VAC has available to develop both standard and custom devices.
The goal of the Engineer's Corner section on our web site is to provide customers advanced information on future products so they can provide feedback or request specific capabilities or functions they would like included into the product designs.